Co-op Annual Meeting
Luck of the Draw Scholarships given away to local students
The Annual Meeting is not only a chance to visit with other members of our co-op community – it’s also a great opportunity to learn about programs, get extended information offered by Choptank Electric Cooperative, and get to know your Co-op staff. Our annual meeting makes it possible for us to gather feedback from you by providing a forum where you can let us know how we can better serve you and your family.
We invite our members to attend the 81st Annual Meeting on Thursday, April 25, 2019 which will be held at The Milestone located at 9630 Technology Dr, Easton, MD 21601.
Notice of Election of the Board of Directors in 2019
In conjunction with the 2019 Choptank Electric Cooperative, Inc. annual meeting, a member of the Cooperative who is a resident of one of the following Director Districts will be elected to the Board of Directors from each of the following Director Districts: Caroline County, Wicomico County, and Worcester County (not including Ocean Pines). To become a candidate for election to one of these Director positions, your completed and signed 2019 Petition for Nomination of Candidate for Director must be received at one of the following addresses on or before Friday, December 21, 2018.
The completed petition must be sent and delivered to the attention of the Credentials & Election Committee, c/o Dawn Bowie, Choptank Electric Cooperative either: (a) by hand delivery or courier to the headquarters office, 10384 River Road, Denton, MD 21629; (b) by mail to P.O. Box 430, Denton, MD 21629; or (c) by email to Dawn Bowie.
Members can find a copy of the 2019 Petition for Nomination of Candidate for Director and the Bylaws here, during our Annual Meeting, or you may call our Member Service Center at 1.877.892.0001 and request a mailed copy.
Please review the Bylaws for additional requirements regarding Board of Directors' positions. The election results will be announced at the 2019 annual member meeting which will be held on Thursday, April 25, 2019 at The Milestone, located at 9630 Technology Dr. Easton, MD 21601.
Annual Meeting "Luck of the Draw" Scholarships
Choptank Electric will present ten $1,000 educational scholarships at the close of its 2019 annual meeting.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the following provisions will govern the acceptance of applicants from Choptank Electric Cooperative members:
- The applicant must Be a graduating high school senior OR a co-op member.
- The student must be enrolled OR planning to enroll at an accredited two or four year college, university, or a technical school for the fall 2019 term.
- If a student is applying, the student must be a dependent or legal ward of an active Choptank Electric member.
- Both student & parent(s)/legal guardian must be present at the end of the Annual Meeting to win.
- Winners of prior years’ scholarship are not eligible to participate.
- Employees and dependents of Choptank Electric who are members, and Board of Directors and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
- The active member must be registered and student must be checked-in by 6 P.M.